The autumn edition of the Altrincham Today magazine is out now!
Issue 15 is our biggest yet in the new format – with an array of interviews, features, news and reviews about Altrincham, its businesses and people.
Get your copy and see why the Society of Editors called it “a complete local community magazine with a touch of class”.
Once again this issue, to help retailers stay Covid-safe, we have slimmed down our distribution stockists to these key locations across the Altrincham area.
- Altrincham Market (Closed Market area)
- Jake Shoes, George Street, Altrincham
- Waitrose, Broadheath
- BAP, George Street, Altrincham
- Gran T’s Coffee House, Altrincham
- Marks & Spencer, Hale
- Booths, Hale Barns
- The Hive, Grosvenor Road, Altrincham
There are various other smaller stockists including Gran T’s Coffee House and Two Brothers Coffee on Stamford New Road.
Issue 15 is an issue we’re very proud of.
- Here are some of the highlights in this issue:
- The latest on a new round of public realm improvements in the town centre
- We speak to the owner of Altrincham’s newest bike shop
- What does Altrincham need? Our readers have had their say
- The five best local walks that end with a Sunday roast
- The latest on Bowdon’s new “jungle chic” restaurant
- The latest on the reinvention of the Stamford Quarter
- Beth Ware’s new business is here to save your old photos
- Change is afoot at the former Lavender Barn – we speak to co-owner Amy Walsh
- A real family affair down at the Apple Barn in Dunham
- Early Years teacher Abigail Heywood on why her pay-as-you-go nursery is different
- Hale resident and BBC Sports Editor Dan Roan on his eventful summer of sport
- A Day in the Life of musician Tom Seals
- Against the odds, Stamford New Road’s new kitchen showroom has had a great first year
- With demand for garden products booming in lockdown, Altrincham-based Grono has had a stellar year
- We round up some of the new-builds sprouting up around Altrincham
Altrincham schools’ performance rankings
- Demand for tutoring shot up during lockdown – we speak to four local providers
- Laura Hudspeth takes a trip to Hale’s new Indian street food restaurant Jajoo
- Tom Scotson reviews the still-to-be-released new Richard Osman novel
- Andrew Walker test-drives the hybrid Land Rover Discovery Sport
- Local expert Janet Harrison reviews three light, crisp and elegant English wines
- Tom Scotson sinks a Pineapple Daiquiri at Atticus in Hale
- Laura Hudspeth has her brows attended to at a new Oxford Road salon
- Four local food and drink producers on how they fared through lockdown
- George Street’s Bap on why it isn’t forgetting the older generation
- All the forthcoming workshops on one easy page
- King’s Court deli and bottlestore Batch has made a few changes
- The complete guide to eating and drinking in Altrincham
And much more!
Can I buy a copy?
If you live out of the area or can’t for any other reason get your hands on a free copy, we’ll be happy to send you a copy through the post for £5, which includes postage and packaging.