Trafford Council has confirmed that it is still aiming to collect any green bins it missed over the last two Mondays.
Numerous householders in the Altrincham area have reported in to us that their green bins were not collected on Easter Monday.
That followed last Monday (April 6th) when Trafford apologised for not being able to collect bins due to a high number of self-isolating staff.
However, it has now confirmed to Altrincham Today that anyone who should have had their green bins collected on April 6th or 13th, will now have them collected over the next two Mondays instead and should present the green bin with their scheduled blue bin.
A spokesperson for Trafford Council said: “We are aiming to empty missed green bins from Monday 6 April on Monday 20 April instead, together with blue bins. Resources allowing, we will try to empty missed greens bins from Monday 13 April on Monday 27 April instead.
“We are doing everything we can to collect green bins, but aren’t able to guarantee that we will complete rounds.”
This collection will be the last green bin collection for these residents until further notice.
The council has already confirmed that grey and black bins will be collected as normal this week – you can check your bin collection day by postcode here.
Until this Friday, April 17th, any resident who is still due to have a black bin pick-up should present their green bins or green caddies for collection.
The council is asking people to “please bear with us at this time… we are doing everything possible to maintain the service as best we can”.
The council is also reminding householders of the following:
- You should continue to put food waste in your grey bin. Compostable bags will not be delivered
- For the time being, you should not put garden waste in your green bin
- Any waste that is left to the side or on top of your bin will not be accepted
- Only contact the council to report a missed collection of your grey or black bins during this period
- Households are limited to presenting a maximum of two green bins for collection.