A Grade II listed former office building in Altrincham town centre is going to be transformed into offices, mews houses and apartments as part of a £1.5m redevelopment.
16 Old Market Place, which appears on the Altrincham Tithe Map of 1835 and is situated within the Old Market Place Conservation Area, was last occupied by William H Lill & Co, who converted it into offices.
Some of the original features, such as cornice details, spice cupboards, original flooring and plaster work, have survived and property company Quinta Group say they are keen to restore and preserve these features in bringing it back to life.
Planning was granted in March 2020 for the refurbishment of 2,500 sq ft of office space accessed through the building’s original entrance on Old Market Place, along with the conversion of other space to create three town houses and two apartments designed around a gated courtyard.
Alexander Clarke, managing director, Quinta Group, said: “This is a very historic and characterful building just a short walk from the town’s popular Market Quarter and with funding now in place and the contractor appointed we are excited to get on-site with the project allowing us to deliver much needed good quality housing in the heart of the town centre, along with hi specification office accommodation aimed at SMEs and start-ups.”
Specialist property finance company PMJ Capital has provided a development loan of £800k over a period of 15 months to fund the conversion with a LTV of 55%.
GJ Home Improvements, Quinta’s main contractor, is starting on site next week with completion expected by the end of the year.
Altrincham-based View Associates is the architects for the project.