It’s just a week to go until the start of Altrincham’s Christmas celebrations.
Next Thursday, November 17th, the Christmas lights across town will come on for the first time as the Garrick Show Choir sings at the Christmas tree at the bottom of Shaw’s Road, with Happy Radio DJ Darren Proctor hosting proceedings from around 5pm.
Many of the town’s shops and businesses will be opening late with activities including wreath-making, festive films, supper clubs and seasonal food and drink.
The entertainment will include:
- MOST Bakery’s first Supper Club with a welcome drink, canapés and a delicious three-course meal
- Nerd will be hosting a family gaming evening with a FREE mince pie with every hot drink purchased.
- Christmas films at Gran T’s – pop in and make yourself at home in front of the screen and enjoy festive drinks including hot chocolate, Bailey’s lattes, mulled wine and mince pies
- Join Full Circle Funerals Partners for a Christmas wreath-making workshop with Sarah Flynn of Bloom and Gorgeous
- Join Revive Skin and Hair for a festive soirée to launch two new treatments – Radiofrequency Skin Tightening and Hydra Facial
There will also be alfresco live music at Stutter and Twitch and The Green Room, and One Central will be launching their Winter Tipis with a performance by the Garrick Show Choir, and lots more.
Mandy White, Altrincham’s BID Manager, said: “We want to encourage everyone to join us in Altrincham to welcome Christmas.
“From this point the town will be ready for the Christmas trading period, dressed with Winter Windows and Christmas lights. It’s more important than ever to shop local and support the independent and high street favourites which give Altrincham its unique appeal.
“There’s lots to look forward to with the Lantern Parade on Saturday 19th November, a Magical Santa’s Grotto on George Steet over two weekends in December, and a huge variety of amazing restaurants, bars and cafes where you can celebrate with colleagues, friends and family, and of course the award-winning Altrincham Market and Market House. There really is no need to go anywhere else!”
‘Altrincham Welcomes Christmas’ has been organised by Altrincham BID, which is funded by the businesses of Altrincham, with additional sponsorship from Altrincham Football Club, Fixx Salons, Gran T’s Coffee House and One Central Christmas Tipis.