Are you looking for a role which is fulfilling with a real sense of satisfaction? As our Exams Officer, you’ll have the opportunity to do something amazing.
We know that our Support Staff make a real difference to the success of our school and to every staff member and student in it. Everything we do is aimed at providing outstanding teaching, learning and support to our young people. We are extremely proud of our school and we want to be able to promote that. As our Exams Officer, you will be part of a great school and play a key part in our continuing success.
Are you looking for a role which is rewarding and fits around you? An opportunity to be part of changing the lives of young people and promoting our school whilst having the time to live your life? You get to do both working in this role. Working term time, in school hours means you can have the best of both worlds - a satisfying career and time for other commitments.
Our school is popular and successful. We have a great reputation as a school which ensures success not only in what our students achieve – but also how they achieve. Our priority is creating a warm, caring and supportive place to learn which brings out the best in everyone. We do this for our students and for our staff. Our students are keen to learn, respectful and hard working. Being part of the Sale High School team means working with amazing colleagues who are passionate about what they do, in a friendly and caring environment, where everyone is proud to achieve great things.
In addition to a great starting salary, we offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Term-time working
- Recently refurbished Library
- Generous pension scheme
- Staff well-being days, free on-site parking
- Training, learning and development.
- A warm friendly and supportive environment
- Free confidential counselling service for all staff
- Interactive technology in every classroom
- A well-resourced department
- The school is in an excellent location, easily accessible from Manchester, Warrington and Cheshire.
About the Role
Reporting into the Deputy Head, you will take the lead in all exam administration including:
- Ensuring the smooth running of the examination cycle at all key stages for both internal and external exams
- Liaising with the SLT, Middle Leaders and other relevant staff regarding
examination entries, coursework and assessment procedures and protocols
- Line management all examination invigilators including recruitment, induction, training in school procedures and be responsible for the management and supervision of invigilators
- Good educational background with strong literacy and numeracy skills
including GCSE’s grade in English and Maths 4 or above (or equivalent)
- Experience of working with confidential data
- Excellent organisational skills
- High Level attention to detail & accuracy
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the continuing success of our school.
If you believe you have the skills, experience, and passion to make a difference as our Exam Officer, we would love to hear from you.
Closing Date for Applications: Midnight Thursday 9th November 2023
Please return all completed forms to Julie Derbyshire: email@example.com
We encourage early applications and reserve the right to close the advert early should we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records, online searches and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2023 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff to share this commitment.